Stuck at home for spring break

Spring break for college students is always an interesting time of the year. As students, we are as broke as a person can be, yet we still plan crazy expensive trips to Florida each spring break. I am very broke and also have very broke friends so each year I spend spring break in cold, dreary Ohio.

Each year I make the most out of my spring breaks and choose to do fun, but inexpensive activities throughout the week. Here are my top 3 favorite things to do when stuck in Ohio.

1. Axe throwing
I know this sounds kind of dangerous. It is such a great experience and it 100% safe. I went to Class Axe in Cincinnati. It was about $32 dollars per person to go and you can have up to 12 people in your lanes. You learn fun little games that give you chances the throw the axes all the time. It gets your adrenaline pumping because you want to win the game for your team. I almost was my lanes ultimate champ, no big deal. You get to choose a fun ‘axe’ name instead of having a real name and the whole place is BYOB. This can include any food you want and drinks. Having a BYOB place cuts down on initial costs of going.

2. The great outdoors
Personally, I love getting to go for a good run or a fun hike when I am home. I live in the Dayton area and there are so many different hiking/biking trails I can go to. Depending on the weather I usually get out there, put a good podcast on and get a workout in. This is a totally free activity, it will have you feeling connected with the earth and feel healthy.

3. Visit a friend
Going to ONU we don’t get to have a big college experience or really see much. Spring break is a great chance to visit a friend at a different school and get to see what their day to day life is like. I usually visit my friends at UC and OSU every spring break and it is always exciting. Usually, when I do this I spend between $20-$30 for food and gas while down there. I always love getting to see my school friends and showing them all the love after a few months of being apart.

These are all of my favorite little things to do throughout the week the spring break. I may be stuck in Dayton, Ohio but I make sure I have a blast.

Comments

  1. I'm stuck at home this break too, and I live in the Dayton area as well. There is definitely some fun activities in our area to keep up busy during the break! I hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Learning to feed the content monster

When will he jump the fence?