Snow-cation in Ada


Getting snowed in anywhere is a blessing of white, fluffy powder. Getting snowed in while in Ada, Ohio is a curse of epic proportions. This past weekend I got snowed into my sorority house by upwards of 9 inches of white ice. Being the weekend in Ada everyone in the house wanted to have some sort of weekend fun but with a level 3 snow emergency options are limited. That being said, I decided to be prepared for the next snow storm that comes for Ada and creates a list of the best things to do when stuck inside. 

1. Calories don’t count during a snowstorm
I don’t care what diet plan you are on, it isn’t happening during a snowstorm. Cooking during snow-ins is one of the best time-consuming activities. Sure you may not know how to make chocolate chip cookies from scratch but that’s what the internet is for and that is what trial and error is for. I always bake and cook crazy recipes when I’m bored because you can multitask while cooking which brings me to number two…


2. Finish a series on Netflix
This is the only time you can binge watch Netflix for over 15 hours without judgment. Turn on a series you have always wanted to try and just really go for it. You can watch while you cook, play phone games, edit fun snow pictures, etc. I started the new show “You” and I finished all 10 one hour episodes in a day. Netflix is truly an addiction.


3. Win at something
Find a buddy immediately, grab some blankets, and get out the board games. Being stuck inside is the best time to hone in those monopoly skills while keeping preoccupied. If you have enough games and enough buddies a whole tournament could be created out of the day. Create a bracket and go through all the games until the one true game king or queen wins.


4. Finish a book
Being in college it is really hard to find times to read for fun and to just enjoy a good book. Weekend snowstorms give a great opportunity to sit down with the book that has been collecting dust in a drawer somewhere. I finished the book Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis over my snow-cation and I am so glad I was able to. I’ve been staring at it for weeks and it was so enjoyable I flew through the pages in a few days.


I ended up having a really enjoyable snowed in experience after figuring out how to make the best out of the time. Sitting and doing nothing for days at a time will give you cabin fever, but if you create a fun and positive atmosphere it can become a whole new way of weekend plans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck at home for spring break

Learning to feed the content monster

When will he jump the fence?