Optimizing my own personal media


Instagram is one of my favorite platforms to use. In Chapter 11 Guy Kawasaki explains way you can use his tips to grow your own personal social media. Personal social media accounts are a live look into the best moments of your life and can be seen by almost anyone. Instagram is all about great pictures and witty captions according to Guy Kawasaki. If you can stick to five to ten word captions then you are golden. Kawasaki also suggests jumping onto popular hashtags. Using hashtags gives people a chance to find photos and accounts easier. That can mean more like, followers and engagement to your account. 

Kawasaki also thinks it is important to use filters to make photos look better. He recommends just using the Instagram provided filters but I recommend using VSCO app because of the variety of editing it allows. VSCO gives anyone a chance to create a higher quality photo to post. This app could be new since Kawasaki published his book.

Something I really take advantage of is linking your personal instagram to different websites. Whether it is my Twitter, my personal site or even my own Instagram I always link in my social media sites. I want everyone to be able to go to my pages and see the work I have done or different highlight reels of my life. Social media is such an important aspect to life now and giving people access is important.

Kawasaki has taught so much throughout the book that is important to growing skills in social media. It is all such a new and ever-changing platform and having experts is needed. I hope to one day be an expert like Kawasaki. I’ve enjoyed learning from this book throughout the last couple of weeks. This last chapter of the book is very helpful and will help many people change the way they look at their own personal social media.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck at home for spring break

Learning to feed the content monster

When will he jump the fence?