Greek week is coming

Greek week is one of the biggest greek holidays on Ohio Northern’s campus. It is a full week of competitive events between all the chapters in the greek community. To name a few of the events, we have mud tug, Greek Olympics, trivia and my favorite greek sing. Greek sing is an event that requires singing and a choreographed dance throughout the song. Each chapter has to focus their songs and dances off of a specific theme. This year’s theme is decades and Alpha Xi Delta is the 1770’s.

Each chapter has to participate and create some story to go along with their dance. Last year the theme was Disney movies, so there was already a story to follow. I am just as excited to see what chapters do with the decade theme and I am to be participating in the event. I want to share what our story is but you will all have to come to watch.

One of the best parts about greek sing is the songs. Nobody is allowed to use regular soundtracks. Each chapter must write their own song lyrics that include a fact about the other chapters and they must be 75% original. Then each chapter must sing it live. Could you even imagine having to sing live in front of friends and strangers? I can’t, but that is why I am just a dancer. This year I am excited because I get to play a character. I am George Washington because I can pull my hair back and look like a founding father.

I’m not sure if that is a good thing or not…

I am getting so excited for this event. Greek week starts April 8. The first event is greek sing. I hope to see everyone there and cheering Alpha Xi Delta on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck at home for spring break

Learning to feed the content monster

When will he jump the fence?