Post-Spring break

All college students are reaching the point in the year where they start to lose motivation. The week after spring break is a tough time for students because we all spend a week relaxed and calm. We lose the motivation to study hard for tests, write papers in advance or even making it to meetings on time. Even though students have lost motivation the year continues to move on and grades continue to be added to the books.

I have always been one of the students who lose their will to write papers half-way through the semester. That is why I have so many tips to keep you motivated throughout the last half of the semester. I want to share my top three tips with all of you.

1. Make a to-do list
Every day I make a to-do list that states what I need to get done to feel accomplished by the end of the day. I only make my list seven items long because it is just the right amount of essential tasks to finish before the end of your day. If you have a hard time doing just the basic day-to-day things in life you can even add those to your list to help motivate you. When I’m having a stressful or exhausting week I always add a shower to my to-do list to remind myself to unwind for a moment during my busy day.

2. Set your due dates
    I am horrible at turning things in on time. I work well under pressure which leads to turning things in 17 seconds before the due date. Turning assignments in that close to time can get sticky if you aren’t prepared for the assignment or you are missing something you needed in advance. I like to set a due date for myself at least two days ahead of time. This way I have it in my mind that something is due way sooner than it is. This helps keep me ahead of schedule and less stressed. Being less stressed makes it easier to stay motivated throughout the semester.

3. Sleep
    I find that when I am super tired it is so hard to do important things. I want to spend my entire day laying in bed thinking of nothing. When I don’t sleep, I am incredibly unmotivated. I recommend getting at least 8 hours of sleep. If you get enough sleep you have the chance to be more productive throughout the day. The rest will give you more free time to relax and do the things you want. Most of your days will be very busy during your college years, but staying motivated and being efficient throughout the day will make your life way more comfortable.

I hope these tips help you find ways to stay motivated. Keep it up everyone one we are halfway to summer!

Comments

  1. I have lost a lot of motivation over spring break. I've already realized I've fallen behind on some of my assignments and it's only Monday! Spring break is a blessing because it gives you a week to relax, but then you start to get too relaxed. I have a little bit of catching up that I have to do, but I'm trying to push through it. I've always found that making a to-do list helps me stay motivated. I like when I can cross a bunch of stuff off of it. I hope you haven't lost too much motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is really helpful for me personally! I lost so much motivation over break it's kinda crazy. I totally agree with you on the sleep thing for sure! With the time change especially, it makes everyone so much more tired! Due dates are an issue for me as well, I am terrible at remembering assignments so keeping a planner has personally helped me so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring break really did a number on my motivation and I have to agree, getting plenty of sleep really helped me out my first day back. I have a ton of work due the second half of this week and trying to catch up has been a real pain. I am typically not the type of person to make a to-do list but I think it might be time to break that habit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck at home for spring break

Learning to feed the content monster

When will he jump the fence?