Social Media Principles

Coming into this class 15 weeks ago I was bright eyed and bushy tailed. I thought I knew everything I needed to know about social media and how it works. Boy, was I wrong. This class taught me a million different things that go into social media and how it worked. One of the first things I learned is how hard it is to stay consistent with writing three times a week. At first it seems like a simple task but it requires great time management and a lot of focus. Hopefully this class has made me grow in my blog writing skills and i can continue writing after this semester is over. Who knows maybe one day I’ll be paid for blogging.

Another thing I learned from this class is that you can’t run from math. You may think you can get away from it but it is everywhere. Social media analytics is all about math and numbers. So if you were running to social media to get away from math then think again.

One of my favorite things learned was that there can’t be any social media “gurus”. They don’t exist. Social media is ever changing and no one can exactly master it. It is constantly moving and becoming a brand new thing. I love that about social media because it is constantly something brand new, it can never be boring or mundane because it is never the same thing.

I really enjoyed taking this class and I can’t wait to explore my minor in Social Media more over the next two semesters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck at home for spring break

Learning to feed the content monster

When will he jump the fence?