Condado Tacos

Ada, Ohio is not the greatest place to live when you like to eat a variety of foods. The small town has a total of 10 restaurants and two of those restaurants are fast food. My personal favorite genre of food to eat is Mexican. Ada only has one Mexican restaurant in town and it is very classic American which gets old quickly. 

I got the chance to head into Dublin, Ohio to check out Condado this past weekend. Condado is a modern make-your-own taco restaurant allowing customers to get creative with interesting, high-quality ingredients. If the customer isn’t feeling creative they can pick from an assortment of tacos which don’t need customization. 

I was not feeling creative so I decided to choose from the menu of different tacos. I chose the special of the month which was a walking taco with ground beef and a ranch sauce packed into a bag of Flamin’ Hot Cheetos. I’m a sucker for a walking taco so I really enjoyed the twist on such a classic food. 


While waiting for my walking taco, I got a trio of dips. The dips I chose were diablo queso, southwestern queso and balsamic guacamole. The shining star of the trio was the balsamic guacamole, it came with balsamic glaze, feta cheese and lots of tomatoes. This guacamole was a step above any basic dish I have ever had and I would drive an hour just to eat it again. 

Honestly, modern restaurants, like Condado, are becoming more and more popular as consumers aspire to become like social media influencers. Restaurants are aesthetically pleasing and photo ready at all times so customers are posting about these new and interesting places. I think it all comes from the restaurants want for unpaid press and the customers need to seem cool to all of their friends.

All-in-all, I really enjoyed my time at Condado and the experience I had there. I recommend Flamin’ Hot Cheetos walking tacos and balsamic guacamole, it could change your view on the modern world of Mexican food. I hope in the future I can continue finding other influencer worthy Mexican restaurants.

Comments

  1. I LOVE CONDADOS. Every time I visit my friends at Ohio State I make sure that we go and get tacos. If you go back, I recommend getting the "Sweet Lucy" shell. It has a flour soft shell and a corn hard shell, but between them they put queso and quac. It's great! I also heard that one was coming to Dayton, Ohio. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been there but that looks good! I will have to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember growing up with walking tacos at school. This one looks a lot better! Field trip anyone?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck at home for spring break

Learning to feed the content monster

When will he jump the fence?